Monday 25 June 2012

Yuvraj Singh :in Sri Lanka World Twenty20 is my target,upcoming t20 for india,



BANGALORE: Raising the possibility of a return to international cricket at the World Twenty20, dashing all-rounder Yuvraj Singh resumed his fitness drills at the National Cricket Academy in Bangalore on Monday.

Yuvraj, who was at the NCA a fortnight ago for a brief session, said his body was regaining strength as his rehabilitation progressed.

"Feeling good. My body will become stronger stage by stage.

World Twenty20 is my target. Hopefully I can be ready a little before that," said India's World Cup hero, who is recovering after undergoing treatment for cancer in the United States.

Yuvraj may play in pre-season domestic tournaments in the southern states.

"I have to see the schedule.

May be in August, I should play a few tournaments down south. I am not sure about the dates so I have to check,"
said the 30-year-old who has not appeared in any form of the game since last November when he was diagnosed with lung cancer.

The Shafi Darashah Trophy in Bangalore, Buchi Babu Invitational Tournament in Chennai and Moin ud Dowla Gold Cup in Hyderabad are the three tournaments scheduled to be played in the next three months.

With the World T20 starting scheduled between September 18 and October 7 in Sri Lanka, Yuvraj is not in a rush but wants to be 100 per cent fit before resuming international cricket.

"I will be in NCA for a while now.

I want to come back and play for India, that's my goal. It's not very easy on the body.

I have gone through a lot and my body has gone through a lot of shock. People are expecting me to come back very quickly, but I don't want to rush," said the left-hander.

0 comments:

About This Blog

Recent Posts

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP